Sure, you could go download one of those basic sprint tri training plans. They tell you how much to swim, bike, and run each day.
But is that really all you need?
For me, it’s not. Even as an experienced runner and ultramarathoner, the idea of doing a triathlon — a swim, bike, and run, one after another — seems overwhelming:
An open-water swim? What happens if I need a break in the middle of it?
Do I need to buy an expensive new bike, and all that stuff to go with it? What about shifting gears? And I need to watch the road, too!?
And what about those transitions? I wouldn’t know where to begin with moving from one sport to another … not to mention how to train each one equally.
Fears like this have prevented me — and you too, I’d bet — from becoming a triathlete. There are just too many unknowns; too much to deal with at once.
That is, until now.
Like I said, you could just download a cookie-cutter, bare-bones training plan, and get it done (well, maybe). But don’t you deserve better?
For your first triathlon, you deserve a roadmap to help you navigate from your particular starting point — whether you’re sitting on the couch or regularly running marathons. You deserve to know what gear you’ll need, and where you can save your money (hint: you don’t need to buy a fancy bike — just about any will do for your first tri). And you need to know how to choose a race that matches your skills and the best ways to get to the start line of your triathlon happy, healthy, and injury-free.
And perhaps most importantly …
You deserve a plan that acknowledges that you’re achieving all this swim-bike-run badassery on a plant-based diet.
That’s why you deserve the No Meat Athlete Triathlon Roadmap, written by Susan Lacke. Susan is an Ironman finisher, a writer for Triathlete Magazine and several other triathlon publications, and our very own NMA Resident Triathlete.
I contributed my two cents about plant-based nutrition for maximum fitness and endurance, and we worked together to fashion this newest Roadmap in the same step-by-step, easy-to-follow style of the Marathon Roadmap and Half Marathon Roadmap that have helped thousands of plant-based runners finish their first races of these distances.
In the Triathlon Roadmap, you’ll get the workouts. You’ll learn what to eat to maximize your nutrition and speed your recovery. You’ll get recipes. You’ll know what to expect on race day — and you’ll rock it.
“Susan has made herself the test bunny. She’s been around the sport for awhile now, seen and experienced a lot — suffered plenty too, to save you some. There is still plenty of work to be done between now and your first race, but Susan’s guide eliminates a lot of the guesswork for you.”
-Hillary Biscay, vegan professional triathlete, Ironman Champion, co-founder of Smashfest Queen
Just add determination.
You don’t need to be a super-athlete, you don’t need to count calories, and you don’t need fancy gadgets. All you need is our Roadmap and some drive, and we can get you across the finish line of your first sprint triathlon feeling strong and satisfied.
And — just as importantly — you’ll have time left over to devote to your job, your family, and whatever else matters to you, even at the peak of your training. If triathlon training has to mess up the rest of your life, it’s just not worth it to us.
Take it from the experts.
Author Susan Lacke went from couch potato to Ironman triathlete (that’s a 2.4-mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 miles of running) in less than two years. That’s the kind of expert I want to learn from.
But she’s not only one here to help you. In the Roadmap, you’ll also hear from experts like Hillary Biscay, Jason Bahamundi, and many other vegan and vegetarian athletes, all at the top of their game … and all with a wealth of knowledge garnered from years of experience.
Finally — a complete triathlon training guide, for plant-based athletes, by plant-based athletes.
“With copious nutritional information, guidance and resources, this all-in-one comprehensive guide takes all the mystery out of preparing for your first triathlon. I stand by this program as a high quality, phenomenal way for the plant-curious, tri-curious out there who just need a push and the right tools to introduce yourself to the wonderful and life-transformative world of triathlon.”
-Rich Roll, author of Finding Ultra and one of Men’s Fitness Magazine’s “25 Fittest Guys in the World” in 2009
Here’s how it works:
Download the Roadmap, and you get everything you need to take you through your first sprint triathlon. You’ll get:
Your main information source, broken into five main sections:
- The mental game — how to set your goal, choose the right race, and stay committed.
- The equipment — everything you need to know about the bike and all its accessories (and which ones you absolutely don’t need to waste your money on), plus gear for the pool and the run.
- Smart training guidelines — including 9 drills for perfecting your swim stroke, the essentials effective cycling (including the right ways to pedal, shift gears, and survive on the roads), and how to breeze through the transition zones.
- The plant-based training diet — all the foods you should eat to make sure your plant-based diet is an advantage, not a hindrance (with special emphasis on getting enough protein and eating before, during, and after your workouts).
- Conquering the race itself — every last detail you need to know about triathlon itself, from the rules meeting and morning pre-race setup all the way to the proud packing up to go home … with focus keys to guide you as efficiently as possible through the swim, bike, run, and the transitions in between.
The training plan.
- A 12-week program — shows you exactly what to do for every workout, so there’s no confusion about what to do on what day.
- Customizable training — guidelines for adjusting the plan depending on where you’re already strong.
- Built-in recovery — carefully designed workouts balance the three disciplines to ensure proper rest and recovery and minimize the chance of overtraining and injury.
- A 2-week meal plan — follow it exactly, or use it as a framework.
- 20 healthy, substantial recipes — all easy, all plant-based, all perfect for endurance training.
The oh-so-important extras.
- A goal-setting worksheet — commit yourself and follow through.
- Three shopping lists — one for each week of the meal plan, plus the everyday essentials.
- Race day packing list — a checklist to give you the peace of mind that you won’t forget anything on race day.
- Basic bike maintenance guide — the bike is a major source of overwhelm for runners-turned-triathletes, but it needn’t be for you; learn how to keep your bike cleaned, tightened, and lubricated so you’re not doing more work than you need to when you ride.
- “How to change a flat tire” video — a step-by-step guide to getting you back on the road as quickly as possible.
And there’s more — an audio interview with pro Ironman triathlete Hillary Biscay
Download the Roadmap today, and you also get instant access to a special bonus: my interview with plant-based professional Ironman triathlete Hillary Biscay. In our interview, we cover:
- The mistakes Hillary made when she was starting out, and the simple mental error she sees beginners make all the time
- How first-time triathletes can overcome fear and embarrassment
- Why you don’t necessarily need access to open water to train
- Why “pretty pool technique” isn’t as important as beginning swimmers think
- The massive aid you’ll have on race day that makes swimming much easier than in the pool
- The impact of a plant-based diet on her training and performance
- The foods Hillary eats to fuel her training and life
- Hillary’s go-to meal before long workouts and races
- Important gear considerations, to make sure your clothes don’t hinder you
- Hillary’s mental tricks for calming nerves on race-day morning
And it’s only
And if you’re not totally thrilled within two months, just shoot me an email, and you’ll get a 100% refund. No weirdness, no questions asked — if we don’t deliver, it’s on us.
That means you have no excuse — no excuse not to try the Roadmap, and no excuse not to commit yourself to the exciting and rewarding journey of conquering your first triathlon.
Click the button below to download the Triathlon Roadmap and get started right away:
After you complete your purchase you’ll be redirected to the download page. The Roadmap comes in PDF and MP3 format, so there’s nothing to ship and no delivery costs to pay.
PS — If you’ve made is this far, it’s a pretty solid bet that the idea of doing a triathlon is speaking to you on a deep level. If that’s the case, we urge you to do something and make it happen — even if it’s not with our program, take action while you’re motivated!